The Annual Gathering of the Learning Clan
An Off-grid, Talent-exchange Festival
at the Circle of Dreams on the River without end
Co-creating a week-long community village in the forest,
where everyone participates in some way,
bringing knowledge, ideas, skills, passion, music,
performance, art, healing, dance, ceremony
…. or simply a yearning to learn.
Returning Clanners… We look forward to making magic in the forest with you again! Same time, same place, more options, more space :). Take a look through the website again, as we are fine-tuning the flow.
For Newcomers... this is what you can expect:
- A participatory, musical, knowledge and hearts gathering, to stimulate self-empowerment and community resilience in a fast-changing world.
- An opportunity to practice living without dependence on utilities, to challenge ourselves to use renewable energy, manage our impact, and be more self-sufficient.
- An exploration of life without money through the exchange of skills, goods, services, knowledge, and entertainment using the Community Exchange System, Gifting or Bartering, instead of money.
- Focusing on earth-based wisdom, natural law, the healing arts, movement, soul dance, and skills and technologies for self-reliance.
- A great opportunity for quality time with family, and friends. Living together, barefoot in the forest, meeting like minded souls.
- A platform for artists of all kinds to offer live music, dance, flow, performance, movement, theatre, poetry and art. For passion and know-how to be shared.
- And, the beautiful Heart Space, for Yoga, Sound Journeys, Meditation, Ceremonials, Talking Circles, Healing Bodywork Therapies, Workshops on Relationship Building, Communication, Counselling / Active Listening, Art therapies and Creative Play
With everyone’s participation, we create:
- A functional, temporary village laid out around a central gathering point
- Stall space for people who wish to trade their information, products or services
- A canvas for people to freely express and trade their talents for Talents
- A place where children are nurtured and inspired and feel safe to explore
- Explore the participation pages on the site for ideas to get involved.
- See Comments from Last Year’s Festival
- The Learning Manual has all the details on what to bring so you can get organised closer to the time.
Thanks to all the 2015 Clanners who’s pictures illustrate this website.