Building a village and building our community
The community village itself is a collaborative experiment in building social organisation.
Our intention is also to learn about natural building techniques. We welcome anyone who has skills or a passion in this field to make suggestions.
Last year we had:
- Talks on various natural building techniques
- How to build a compost-heated water system connected to a shower
- How to build a pizza oven
- How to build a sweat lodge which was used extensively at the event. This could also double as a sturdy shelter.
Other Building Ideas
– Anyone have the know-how?
- To build a bush shelter
- To build a raft for the river
- A compost toilet
- A green house
- An off-grid cooling system
- A rocket stove
- A labyrinth
- rain water collectors
- or anything else our enterprising community has to offer??
And any volunteers to help in any of these areas would be most appreciated.